Monday, September 10, 2007

Capricorn Cove (aerial view)

12" x 16" oil on masonite panel (unframed)
$20.00 (free shipping to US)
This is a bird's-eye view of a coastal town. I used very fluid oil paint and worked in layers. Each additional layer used 'fatter' paint (more linseed or stand oil mixed with turp). I'm finding I really enjoy working with a more fluid painting style. I'll experiment further and display some more here. As always, thanks for looking and your comments are welcome!Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

~Babs said...

VERY colorful interesting work!
Love how when enlarged you can see all the strokes, and the fat or lean of the paint. Will look forward to seeing more of these!

David said...

Thank you, Babs.

Yes, this was a joy to do. Just kind of went with a feeling.

David

daviddrawsandpaints said...

Fascinating abstract.Interesting shapes and colours. I like it!

David said...

Thank you, David!

Yeah, this one sort of just fell into place for me.

DK