Welcome to my little corner of the world. I will attempt to share my thoughts and passions about painting. I always welcome comments and hope you enjoy the view.
1. "Webb on Watercolor" by Frank Webb ISBN: 0-89134-346-6
2. "Oil Painting - Develop Your Natural Ability" by Charles Sovek ISBN: 0-89134-360-1
3."First Impressions" by Edward Norton Ward ISBN: 0-8230-1820-2
4. "Conversations In Paint" by Charles Dunn ISBN: 1-56305-664-X
5. "How To See Color and Paint It" by Arthur Stern ISBN: 0-8230-2468-7
6. "Painting with a Fresh Eye" by Alfred "Chip" Chadbourn ISBN: 0-8230-3888-2
7. "Landscape Painting Inside and Out" by Kevin D. Macpherson ISBN: 1-58180-755-4
9. "Watercolor Workshop" by Robert E. Wood and Mary Carroll Nelson ISBN: 0-8230-5682-1
8. "Interpreting the Landscape in Watercolor" by Don Andrews ISBN: 0-9655559-2-5
Another out of print gem. Printed in 1974, this is a wonderful teaching manual. I consider this and Frank Webb's book to be two "mother of all watercolor" volumes. Everything a budding watercolorist could want is provided here: laying washes, painting middle values, planning, spacial concepts, calligraphy, etc. If you go through this book and follow the step-by-step lessons Bob Wood produces, you will be well on your way to understanding the art of a great watercolor painting. This one is highly recommended and another must have for your art library!